Most of my breakfasts are quick and easy. That’s why this one is reserved for the weekend. It involves peeling, chopping and nearly an hour in the oven, but it’s delicious and worth the wait. Despite this recipe’s name, these potatoes are baked, not fried.
3 lbs. potatoes
1 red bell pepper
1/2 of a green bell pepper
1/2 of a sweet or yellow onion
6 slices of bacon (more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel potatoes and chop into 1/2 to 1-inch chunks.
- Chop peppers and onions into 1-inch chunks.
- Mix vegetables together, adding any optional ingredients.
- Liberally spray or grease a baking sheet.
- Spread vegetables across baking sheet and coat them with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, until potatoes start to brown, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy.
- When bacon is cooled, crumble it onto your home fries and enjoy.